Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #21

I really enjoyed learning how to use Photostory for videocast purposes. I have used Photostory in the past to create photo slide shows, but I had never played around with adding narration to the presentation. It was a little challenging to figure out, but most new skills are. The most complicated task was setting up the microphone to work with the software. I feel confident that I know enough about this program to be able to teach others how to use it. The thing I love about Photostory is that it is SIMPLE to use, but produces results that look PROFESSIONAL. Photostory would be a great way to produce videos for staff development or for teaching a new skill to students. What fun would it be to create a videocast that promotes the Bluebonnet and Lone Star reading lists? Students could create book reviews or "tutorials" about something they have studied. Videocasts are a technology that I look forward to implementing in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,

    Your Photostory is really neat. I haven't used the narration yet, but it sounds like you did a great job. I just found out about photostory with this class. I do plan on using the narration feature soon. I think there are endless ways this tool can be utilized in the library and in the classroom. Great job!

    Maddie

    ReplyDelete